Cronos is seeking a Program Analyst in Norfolk, VA. The Program Analyst will provide support to the Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY) to supplement NNSY resources to assist with generating and managing database tools for the Production Resources Department (Code 900R).
Specific efforts include but are not limited to:
- Must be proficient and equipped with computer skills for utilizing Microsoft Office Suite products to include Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Word for tasks such as data processing and model analysis.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel’s features such as Visual Basic, chart creation/graphing automation, report generation, dashboard creation, and communication/functionality with other databases.
- Must be proficient with designing, coding, and maintaining Microsoft Access databases, queries, and interfaces in support of the Production Resources Department’s needs.
- Must be proficient in integrating created products to SharePoint.
- Must be proficient with composing reports and putting together presentations utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Assist in creating dynamic studies as requested by the Production Resources Department utilizing various Shipyard databases and programs (i.e. Performance Measurement and Control (PMC), Advance Industrial Management (AIM), Automated Training Management System (ATMS), Supervisor’s Desk (SUPDESK), Electronic Supplemental Training Information Resource (ESTIR), Projects Resources Operations Support (PROS) and Business Objects XI (BOXI). The Program Analyst will learn these systems to the extent of being able to offer support and offer experience and recommendations to continue the efforts of the Production Resources Department.
- Assist in developing a Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) and Non-CNO Workload Forecasting Internal Execution Management database tool for determining accurate manning requirements compared to schedule.
- Provide training to Code 900R Program Analysts, Production Controllers, and Resource Managers on any products created by the Program Analyst.
- Must have knowledge of, and skill in applying system design techniques, programming languages and hardware capabilities to analyze requests for new and modified applications and create new tools to support production resources and resourcing projects.
- Must have basic knowledge of statistical, accounting, budget and economic principles and techniques. The Program Analyst will have skill in applying complex fact-finding, analytical, and problem-solving methods and techniques to identify interrelated program problems, draw conclusions, and recommend appropriate action or solutions to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in supporting other functions within Code 900R such as but not limited to Touch Labor, Resource Allocation, Loans and Borrows, Workload and Workforce Analysis and development.
- Support the Production Resources Department by attending and successfully completing any training available (i.e. training in Tableau or R Studio).
Qualifications, Required Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Must have at least six (6) years’ experience as a Program Analyst
- Must have in-depth knowledge and documented training/experience with Visual Basic (VBA), Structured Query Language (SQL), HTML, ASP, CSS, C++, GCI, Perl, and Java
- Must have extensive knowledge and documented training/experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (2013 and greater). To include Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Matching
- Professional Development & Advancement Opportunities
Cronos Consulting Group, Inc. is a leading professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology, and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across our service portfolio, Cronos specializes in the intersection of business and technology helping clients improve their performance and create sustainable value
Cronos provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Cronos complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.